Friday, April 16, 2010

Epic Win

Here is a list of some personal accomplishments to remember from this trip:

- I found myself lost on several occasions and became quite familiar with my map-reading skills.
- I slept on the most uncomfortable bed without my snuggly Lucy by my side for ten whole weeks.
- I went to two concerts and met the members of my favorite band, Family Force 5.
- I sent a post card to everyone on my list. (except Mom, she got a letter)
- I was ALMOST hit by a double-decker bus, a taxi, and a car.. but I dodged those and settled for being hit by a bicycle in Dublin.
- I survived a mugging in Barcelona.
- I sang my favorite Shania Twain song, "Any Man of Mine" Karaoke-style and NAILED IT!
- I have developed a new laugh. It's much more genuine and hearty than the boring old ones.
- I learned how to read lips without words.... First   Kiss   Ever. (well worth the wait)
- I rediscovered my passion for writing.
- I have become more completely confident within myself. I don't know exactly what that means.. but I feel good about myself. More good than I think I ever have before.

4 comments:

  1. I did not receive a postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very entertaining writer. Our staff loved reading your "articles." I'll send a copy of each of the papers to your dad/mom (I was told one of them taught in the Culinary Arts program. Visually, they are quite attractive. Thanks to you, I believe our editor, Josie Kramer, will be studying in London next spring! Are you guys stranded from the ash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. I dont know if "stranded" is the right word seeing as it is London. We're being accomodated by our program for the extra days (weeks?) we will be staying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caitlin,
    In your "spare" time, you should write about what you did during your week of layover. It would have to be much more interesting than Marc Hanson's article in today's DM Register!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete