Friday, February 5, 2010

London Eve

Towel, check. Winter coat, check. School books, check. Random Iowa junk to give to Europeans who might think it's cool, check. What do all of these have in common? They are the things in my suitcase that have a one-way ticket to London. This means I will have LOTS of room for wonderful European junk that I will think is really cool to bring home with me! Hooray!
I am a little surprised at how painless the packing experience has been. I think the only possible complication might be the weight of my suitcase. If this is the case I will re-pack some school books into my carry-on. No big deal. I am also surprised at how ready I feel to be leaving the country for the first time. I'm not scared, I'm not nervous, I'm just anxious to get out of Iowa! Not much else to say here except thank you to my family and friends who have supported me in my preparations for this trip. You have all done a great job of getting me excited by asking me over and over for the last month "Are you getting excited?!" To which I replied "Of course I'm excited!". That is, until this past week when I probably replied sarcastically, "No, not at all." No offense to anyone.. but I am so tired of talking about the trip... I'm ready to GO!! Trust me, there will be much more to talk about when I return. :D

I don't think I will have any trouble falling asleep tonight.. even though this is probably way better than Christmas Eve. There will be visions of tea and crumpets dancing in my head. Night all! Expect an update early next week for how the flights went and what my first impressions of London are.

No comments:

Post a Comment