Saturday, February 13, 2010

Met My Favorite American Band in London. Go Figure.


Thursday Night: I am currently recovering from what could very well be one of the best nights of my life. I just returned from an exclusive Myspace concert for Family Force 5. I got the ticket from a fan named Del who had an extra and saw on Facebook that I was hoping to get one. Thanks Del! The concert was in a recording studio. There were about 50 members or less in the audience. I was front and center!! I set my jacket down right in front of Soul Glow’s microphone stand. Del had been talking with a girl named Gemma before the show. Gemma and I got acquainted and bonded over favorite FF5 Really Real Show moments. When the show started my face illuminated with a permanent smile. I could not believe that my favorite musicians, the men who wrote and perform my favorite songs, were literally feet in front of me. Right away when Soul Glow introduced the band and invited the audience to loosen up and dance.. I let go of my inhibitions and committed to having a fun time. The music played into my ears, pulsed into my heart, and pumped my body into motion. The band and I were playing off each other’s energy. My eyes met with Crouton’s several times as we communicated our inner joy with one another. As the last song was playing I absorbed every joyful ray of energy to be stored in my super-sonic soaker. The show was over, and the guys began to make their rounds entertaining the fans with conversation. ChapStique approached Del and I and we introduced ourselves. He was very grounded and open to discussing favorite Chap Stick flavors. He graciously obliged to having his picture taken with me. Del and I walked on and ran into Fatty. We had a brief conversation with him and he turned to sneeze. Fatty pretty much sneezed on me and I didn’t mind at all. Next we found Crouton. When I introduced myself to him he said, “you’re not from around here are you?” I replied, of course, that I am not. I told him I was from Des Moines. Crouton, Del and I had a longish conversation about their music and their tours. NaDaddy stopped by and introduced himself to us. I got another picture with Crouton and NaDaddy. A bit later before we separated I asked Crouton how I could be praying for them. He said they had a hard time being away from their families, so prayers in support for that would be nice. Next we found Chappy again because Del needed to get a picture with him. ChapStique offered more generous conversation. I talked with him about being from Des Moines and The House of Bricks. He said they had filmed much of their Dance or Die video at the HOB. :) COOOOL!

1 comment: