Thursday, February 11, 2010

Starbucks Win: Free WiFi

Tuesday night at O'neils was a great bonding experience for us. We all got a bit saucy and we opened up to each other about a lot of things. Many laughs. Good times! Wednesday we had our first creative writing class. We each had to write a haiku about our "romantic lives". We also had seven minutes to develop a story that began with "This room is a mess." It was fun to hear everyone's stories. Again, I love being in a class of 5. Our messy room stories will become our first paper due for the class. We were able to get online at the AIFS building after class. There we learned about our opportunity to meet the other AIFS students who are studying here from California and Colorado. On Thursday night we will be meeting at a pub to get acquainted. After getting our internet fix Gillian, Levi, and I hopped on the tube to go to exploring before buying our Family Force 5 (cobra starship) tickets. We got off at Queensway and explored the Kensington Palace area for a while. I cant wait for the weather to get warmer so we can picnic there. Got back on the tube to Shepherds Bush and bought our tickets, then went back home for a bit to eat and get ready for the show. FF5 only played for about a half-hour but it was very exciting. Tried some McDonalds after the show! I had a Cadbury McFlurry. :) When we got off the tube at our home spot Levi and I decided to try the bus system for the first time. We weren't sure which stop to get on at so we got lost trying to find it. The KFC guy was helpful though and pointed the way to Muswell Hill. We will explore the bus system more thoroughly soon.

Today is Thursday the 11th. I slept in and started researching for my humanities presentation on Monday. I will be presenting about the art of architecture. I learned a lot already just reading through the chapter. I began to appreciate the creativity of incorporating inside and outside space for a functional purpose. (nerd) Nonetheless, I am excited for this presentation and being in this city full of beautiful architecture. Tonight I am going to a small, exclusive FF5 concert and heading to the pub afterward to meet some new people. Tomorrow is our day trip to Bath. I look forward to sharing more with you this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment